1. What sign is on the wall?
A. B. C.
2. How did the woman come to Shanghai?
A． B. C．
3. Why did the man’s daughter go abroad?
A. To study. B. To have a holiday. C. To visit her friends.
4. What are they talking about?
A. How to go to China. B. Where to spend the holiday. C. When to go to China.
5. Why does the man advise the woman to give up smoking?
A. Because it is a waste of money. B. Because it is a bad example to the children.
C. Because it is bad for her health.
6. What are Lucy and Mike talking about?
A. A birthday party. B. A new bike. C. Lucy's parents.
7. What did Lucy ask Mike to do?
A. Say thanks to his parents. B. Join her in the party. C. Try her new bike.
A trip to Happy Farm
When to go
We will go to Happy Farm on 8 .
Where to meet
We will meet in/at the school 9 .
Why to go
We can get relaxed and get close to 10 .
8. A. Children’s Day B. May Day C. New Year’s Day
9. A. playground B. library C. gate
10. A. country B. farmers C. nature
11. How long was Mr. Brown away?
A. For a week. B. For a month. C. For two weeks.
12. Where did the boy put the paper at first?
A. In his pocket. B. In his schoolbag. C. In his wallet.
13. What did the boy do when he thought no one would come to see his father?
A. Looked for the paper. B. Burnt the paper. C. Visited somebody.
14. When did the man come to see Mr. Brown after he left?
A. Last week. B. On the first day. C. On the fifth day.
15. Why was the man very surprised after he heard what the boy said? Because _______
A. he thought Mr. Brown was out. B. he thought Mr. Brown was ill.
C. he thought Mr. Brown was dead.
从A B C D四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
16. In the novel, Quasimodo is ______ugly man, he is from ________European country, France.
A. a; a B. a; an C. an; a D. an; an
17. 一Have you collected many foreign stamps recently?
一 Yes. I have many foreign stamps ___________ American ones and French ones.
A. like B. such as C. for example D. Both A & B
18. He is a teacher with a lot of ______. He often tells us many of his interesting ____ in Africa.
A. experiences; experience B. experience; experiences
C. experience; experience D. experienced; experience
19. When you visit Copenhagen, you can go to see _______ and take photos there.
A. the Little Mermaid B. the Tower Bridge
C. the Stature of Liberty D. the Leaning Tower of Pisa
20. Jack _______ Rose in 1998. That is to say, they _____ for 15 years.
A. got married with; have got married B. got married to; have married
C. married; have been married D. married to; have been married
21. — I hear that your good friend David ____________ books about history.
— Yes, but now he ____________ novels.
A. used to read; used to read B. use to read; used to reading
C. use to read; is used to reading D. used to read; is used to reading
22. 一Where is Mike?
一He to New York on business. He the airport at 5 inthe morning.
A. has gone; has left for B. has been; has left for
C. has gone; left for D. has been; left for
23. 一I’m afraid the concert has begun. 一Don’t worry. It ________ until Li Yundi ________.
A. doesn’t begin; comes B. won’t begin; comes
C. won’t begin; will come D. doesn’t begin; will come
24. 一 Who can help me carry the heavy box?
一 I think Ted is ________ to do it. But the door is ________for him to go through.
A. too strong; too narrow B. so strong; narrow enough
C. enough strong; narrow enough D. strong enough; too narrow
25. — She’s never been to Hainan, _________?
— ________. She went there last week for the first time.
A. has she; Yes, she has B. hasn’t she; No, she hasn’t
C. is she; Yes, she is D. isn’t she; No, she isn’t
26. My cousin in the USA always ______ me. Last week, his letter _______ me very much.
A. keeps in touch with; touch B. keeps in touch with; touched
C. keeps in touching with; touching D. keep in touch with; touched
27. A couple of years_______ since they ______ Shanghai.
A. have passed; arrived at B. passed; reached
C. has passed; got to D. have passed; reached
28. — Andy doesn’t know at the party. Can you help her?
— Well, I think she can wear that red dress.
A. to wear what B. which to wear C. what to wear D. how to wear
29. — I will get 100 points in the coming test. Wait and see.
— . You’d better start getting ready for it now.
A. A friend in need is a friend indeed B. Many hands make light work
C. You cannot burn the candle at both ends D. Actions speak louder than words
30. — Thanks for listening to my problem and telling me what to do.
— __________. That’s what friends are for.
A. With pleasure B. My pleasure C. Never mind D. It’s nice of you
My parents were making a big noise as they sorted (分类) bottles and cans out on the balcony. I winced (皱起眉头) at the noise. I called my 31 in Chinese, “How many do you have this time?” “Eight hundred and six pieces, that’s $40.30!” she answered. I’d been living in my Los Angeles flat for over four years when my parents came for a six-month visit from China. I’d 32 noticed that the bottles and cans they’d collected on the road were worth 5 cents (美分) each. When their stay with us ended, I felt free, though I was a supporter of environmental 33 in fact.
By the time my daughter began school, I was expected to raise money for the school. I felt very stressed(有压力的). How could I work out the problem? 34 , a good idea came across my mind: how about uniting (结合) the two — environmental education and raise money? I joined an organization called LACES. It had 35 1, 600 students, parents and teachers. If my two elderly parents could 36 $300 in six months from recycling (回收), why couldn’t we multiply (乘以) that number by at least 800? My team organized a day for students and parents to 37 bottles and cans directly to school. We 38 it the Green for Green program. The first one raised only $145. But we planned more programs. With each one, the numbers started to look 39 : $145… $400 … $481. The more success we had, the more people 40 our team.
Today, LACES teachers keep boxes in their classrooms for bottles and cans. Students collect recyclables and 41 them in boxes. Parents collect at their offices. LACES parents have told me that where they used to see litter, they see 42 . Since the LACES Green for Green program started in 2011, we have raised $15, 500 for the school and recycled about 75, 000 pounds of waste.
I believe that the others in the community 43 our effort(努力), and that the result is multiplied. I used to 44 my parents’ recycling project during their visit here. Now I laugh at myself for getting the benefit (益处) from their clever ideas. They may never 45 anyone beyond(超出) their family. However, their small effort has led to big change, one that inspires (激励) family, friends, children, and even strangers.
31. A. wife B. mother C. daughter D. father
32. A. usually B. often C. seldom D. always
33. A. project B. plan C. subject D. education
34. A. Quickly B. Suddenly C. Luckily D. Sadly
35. A. worse than B. less than C. better than D. more than
36. A. raise B. find C. receive D. accept
37. A. give B. save C. bring D. collect
38. A. told B. called C. said D. spoke
39.A. higher B. brighter C. stronger D. wider
40. A. left B. knew C. loved D. joined
41. A. send B. keep C. throw D. move
42. A. money B. bottles C. waste D. cans
43. A. expect B. follow C. achieve D. control
44. A. agree with B. discuss C. cry at D. laugh at
45. A. educate B. help C. influence(影响) D. consider