1. The teacher told the children that the sun＿＿＿＿ round.
A. was B. is C. were D. are
2. I believe that our team＿＿＿＿ the basketball match.
A. win B. won C. will win D. wins
3. I don’t know＿＿＿＿ to visit the old man.
A. whether B. if C. that D. who
4. I hear Mr. Green ＿＿＿＿for New York last week.
A. have left B. leaves C. leave D. left
5. I think the boy＿＿＿＿ already his homework.
A. does; do B. did; do
C. is; doing D. has; done
6. Mr. Green asked＿＿＿＿ to school late.
A. who did often come
B. who does often come
C. who often comes
D. who often came
7. The boys said they＿＿＿＿ themselves very much last night.
A. enjoyed B. are enjoying
C. enjoy D. enjoys
8. Please tell me＿＿＿＿ .
A. where Lucy lives
B. where does Lucy live
C. where did Lucy live
D. where Lucy does live
9. ——Does she like to have tea or coffee？
——It is unknown＿＿＿＿ she would like to have.
A. how B. as C. that D. which
10.The teacher told the children＿＿＿＿ .
A. that Beijing was the capital of China
B. Beijing is the capital of China
C. Beijing the capital of China is
D. the capital of China was Beijing
1. That suit was＿＿＿＿ expensive that he couldn’t buy it.
A. too B. so C. very D. such
2. The teacher told us we＿＿＿＿ to the Forbidden City if it .
A. would go; doesn’t rain
B. will go; doesn’t rain
C. would go; didn’t rain
D. will go; won’t rain
3. I’ll tell him about this as soon as he＿＿＿＿ back from work.
A. comes B. to come
C. will come D. would come
4. We’ll stay at home if it＿＿＿＿ tomorrow.
A. rain B. rains
C. is raining D. will rain
5. Sorry，you speak＿＿＿＿ quickly I can’t follow you.
A. too; to B. as; to
C. so; that D. very; that
6. All of us feel surprised that＿＿＿＿ a little boy can eat＿＿＿＿ much food.
A. such; so B. so; so
C. such; such D. so; such
7. Although you are a top student in your class，＿＿＿＿ you still should work hard at your lessons.
A. and B. or C. but D. /
8. You must wait for her＿＿＿＿ she comes back.
A. that B. till C. when D. as
9. Because he didn’t catch the early bus，＿＿＿＿ he was late for class.
A. so B. and C. that D. /
10. ＿＿＿＿everyone is here，let’s have the meeting.
A. Since B. As C. Because D. So
1. Those＿＿＿＿ not only from books but also through practice will succeed.
A. learn B. who
C. that learns D. who learn
2. Anyone＿＿＿＿ this opinion may speak out.
A. that against
B. against that
C. who is against
D. who are against
3. Mr. Herpin is one of the foreign experts who＿＿＿＿ in China.
A. works B. is working
C. are working D. has been working
4. Have you seen the girl＿＿＿＿ ？
A. that I told
B. I told you of
C. whom I told you
D. I told you of him
5. Can you lend me the novel＿＿＿＿ the other day？
A. that you talked
B. you talked about it
C. which you talked with
D. you talked about
6. All the apples＿＿＿＿ fell down were eaten by the pigs.
A. that B. those C. which D. what
7. This is the biggest laboratory＿＿＿＿ we have ever built in our school.
A. which B. what C. where D./
8. Please pass me the dictionary＿＿＿＿ cover is back.
A. which B. which of C. its D. whose
9. Is this museum＿＿＿＿ some German friends visited last Wednesday？
A. that B. where
C. in which D. the one
10. She heard a terrible noise，＿＿＿＿ brought her heart into her mouth.
A. it B. which C. this D. that
1. ——Would you like to go to the concert with me？
——I’d love to，＿＿＿＿ I can’t. I have a lot of homework to do.
A. or B. but C. so D. and
2. I want to know ＿＿＿＿the day after tomorrow.
A. what he will do
B. what will he do
C. what he did
D. what did he do
3. Some passengers were walking through one of the big halls at Paris’Charles De Gaulle Airport ＿＿＿＿the whole roof fell down.
A. while B. as soon as
C. when D. after
4. I enjoy the popular dance “hip-hop”，but＿＿＿＿ my father＿＿＿＿ my mother likes it.
A. both; and B. not only；but also
C. either; or D. neither；nor
5.——Do you know ＿＿＿＿？
——Only ten months ago.
A. when does Tiger Woods start golfing
B. when did Tiger Woods start golfing
C. when Tiger Woods starts golfing
D. when Tiger Woods started golfing
6. I like swimming very much，but now I＿＿＿＿ swim as＿＿＿＿ as I used to.
A. don’t； often B. often； not
C. didn’t； often D. not； often
7. ——This book is a bit hard.
—— ＿＿＿＿read something easier？
A. Why not to
B. Why don’t
C. Why not
D. Why not you
8. ——Why did＿＿＿＿ take Aunt Alice almost an hour to get home？
——I don’t know. Maybe there was something wrong with her car.
A. that B. it C. she D. this
9. ——How do you like this dress？
——It’s beautiful，and it fits me well，＿＿＿＿ I like it very much.
A. or B. so C. but D. since
10. The reason ＿＿＿＿ he was late for school was that he had been knocked by a bike.
A. when B. where
C. which D. why
3. where，town，the，after，as，Paris，for，he，years，in，returned，to，he，small，grew up，a，living，fifty child
1～5 BCADD 6～10 DAADB
1～5 BCABC 6～10 ADBDA
1～5 DCCCD 6～10 ADDDB
1～5 BACDD 6～10 ACBBD
1. What he bought for your birthday is a dictionary.
2. Put the magazine where it was，Tom.
3. After living in Paris for fifty years，he returned to the small town where he grew up as a child.
4. There is not much difference between the two.
5. Alice has to finish her work now，doesn’t she？
6.I have not decided what to write about.
7. Think hard，and you will work out the math problem.
8. It is not easy to walk against a strong wind.
9. Why don’t you try writing a funny poem？
10. We should keep our classroom clean and tidy every day.