1. —Excuse me. Can you show me your driving l______？
—Certainly. Here you are.
2. Look at the sign. It says “Smoking is not a______ in the museum.”
3. —I think you are much s______ than your sister.
—Though I’m not clever， I’ll try my best
to do it by myself.
4. Let’s go for a d______.
5. She got her ears p______.
6. We call the persons who are between 13 and 19 t______.
7. I did it in my o______ way.
8. He couldn’t stop l______ when he heard it.
9. I d______ with him. We have different ideas.
10. What about eating fish i______ of meat？
（ ）1. —What rules do you have at your school？
—There are many. For example， we aren’t allowed ______ to the Internet bar.
A. went B. going C. go D. to go
（ ）2. —I think sixteen-year-olds can make their own decisions.
—I agree ______ you.
A. with B. on C. about D. to
（ ）3. He regretted ______ that apartment three years ago.
A. not buying B. not bought C. not to buy D. not buy
（ ）4. —What are you going to do this afternoon， Andy？
—My hair is too long. I want to get my hair ______.
A. cut B. to cut C. cuts D. cutting
（ ）5. —You told Jenny that you would give up the job. Is that true？
—Yes， I ______ that. I really want to take a break.
A. am strict with B. am afraid of
C. am busy with D. am serious about
（ ）6. —I think you can make your own decisions on such a thing.
—You can’t understand， I have no ______ now.
A. resolution B. choice C. excuse D. weight
（ ）7. —Have you finished your work？
—No， not yet. I think it’ll take ______ two hours.
A. other B. else C. the other D. another
（ ）8. —Have you seen my toy car， Bill？
—It’s ______ my way， so I put it ______.
A. in； away B. on； out C. in； out D. by； away
（ ）9. —Let’s go swimming in Hanjiang River after school.
—No way！Our parents must ______ our safety if we do.
A. think of B. hear of C. think about D. worry about
（ ）10. —Why not climb to the top of the mountain？
—It’s ______ dark. I’m afraid we don’t have enough time.
A. making B. falling C. growing D. changing
A： We have many 1 in our school.
B： So 2 we. For example， we have to stay at home 3 Saturday.
A： I usually do， 4 . But sometimes we are 5 to have a picnic or go on a school trip on weekends.
B： You are lucky. We 6 have one.
A： I think you 7 have a talk with your
headmaster or head teacher.
B： We have tried. But 8 happened. They
always said we should study 9 .
A： That is 10 . I’m sorry I can’t help
1. Ms. Shi is very s______ with her students in their homework.
2. The boy feels tired of going to school. He c______ more on playing computer games than on his lessons.
3. Do you want to be a v______ for the football game？
4. At p______， teenagers have a lot of homework to do at weekends and have no time to relax themselves.
5. Luckily， he had an o______ to make a
further study in Beijing.
6. The main difficulty to do this work is that
we have no e______.
7. Students always wear u______ on Monday.
8. It’s a very s______ matter.
9. You should have a day o______. You look very tired.
10. She always s______ up reading until
1. Father was ______ （sleep） when we came
home from school yesterday.
2. Have you ever ______ （perform） a play for the children？
3. He is ______ （worry） about his lessons.
We should help him.
4. The number of tigers is getting smaller and smaller， and the hunters should ______（not allow） to kill them any longer.
5. It’s about ten ______ （minute） ride from
my school to the nearest bus stop.
6. This kind of TV______ （sell） well.
7. Everyone ______ （need） to have at least
eight hours’ sleep every day.
8. Do you often do some ______ （wash） at
9. What school rules do you think should be ______ （change）？
10. It’s easy to get ______ （noise） when you
（ ）1. It would be a good way to keep both
teachers and students ______.
A. happy B. more happy
C. happily D. more happily
（ ）2. I’m allowed ______ until 12：00 p.m. on Friday night.
A. stay up B. to stay up
C. stay at D. stay in
（ ）3. He disagrees ______ his father.
A. to B. for C. with D. in
（ ）4. They aren’t ______ at that age.
A. enough seriously
B. enough old
C. serious enough
D. enough serious
（ ）5. I think students should be allowed to have a day ______ to help others on school days.
A. on B. for C. of D. off
（ ）6. —It’s very cold here this afternoon.
A. So it is B. So it does
C. So does it D. So is it
（ ）7. Eating too much is not good ______
A. in B. at C. for D. with
（ ）8. Those soldiers are always strict ______
themselves ______ everything everywhere.
A. in； in B. in； with
C. with； in D. with； on
（ ）9. Do you have ______ to do the work
A. enough time； good enough
B. time enough； good enough
C. enough time； well enough
D. time enough； enough well
（ ）10. He needs to spend time with his friends， ______？
A. needn’t he B. doesn’t he
C. need he D. does he
1. There’s nothing s______ with your teeth.
2. You should stop m______ so much noise.
3. We are u______ to the lifestyle in the
4. Can you p______ Chinese kung fu？
5. My good friend Alice used to be a monitor when she was in the p______ school.
6. He should be allowed to ______ （自愿）
at the magazine office once a week.
7. He concentrates ______ （更多） on his
8. It’s a good idea for teachers to ______（允许） teenagers to have less homework.
9. It was ______ （愚蠢的） of you to trust him.
10. I hope you will ______ （成功） in your
（ ）1. Look！A new road ______ behind the tree.
A. is repaired
B. is being repaired
C. has been repaired
D. will repair
（ ）2. When ______ your school ______？
A. did； build B. was； built
C. is； built D. was； building
（ ）3. When we got there， the trees ______.
A. are being cut down
B. were being cut down
C. has been cut down D. are cut down
（ ）4. He didn’t pass the test， and I didn’t pass it， ______.
A. too B. also C. to D. either
（ ）5. Other students would ______ other jobs.
A. like doing
B. like to do
C. like to be done
D. liked to do
（ ）6. A teacher should be strict ______ his students and ______ his work.
A. in； in B. with； with
C. with； in D. in； with
（ ）7. —He has changed his job.
A. So do I B. So have I
C. So I do D. So I have
（ ）8. —She is good at singing.
A. So does she B. So she does
C. So is she D. So she is
（ ）9. I met him in a shop ______.
A. the other day B. next day
C. right now D. tomorrow
（ ）10. “Susan is busy， but I can go there instead of her，” he ______.
A. replies B. volunteered
C. answer D. asked
1. We should allow teenagers to have part-time jobs. （改为同义句）
Teenager ________ ________ ________ to have part-time jobs.
2. I think that he is coming tomorrow. （改为否定句）
I ________ think that he ________ coming tomorrow.
3. Fifteen-year-olds are not old enough to drive a car. （改为同义句）
Fifteen-year-olds are ________ young ________ drive a car.
4. We didn’t play tennis yesterday. Instead， we played basketball. （合并为一句）
We played basketball ________ ________ ________ tennis yesterday.
5. You shouldn’t arrive late for class. （改为祈使句）
________ ________ late for class.
6. They finish basketball practise at 4：30 every day. （对划线部分提问）
________ ________ they finish basketball practise every day？
7. The students are sleepy after a long week of classes. （改为感叹句）
________ ________ the students are after a long week of classes！
The first time I saw Carlos I would never have believed he was going to change my life. I had my arms full of books and I was walking into the classroom when I ran into something. It was Carlos. “Oh， you are tall，” he said. Of course， the class began to laugh. Angrily， I walked to my seat without a word.
I looked back to see if Reed was laughing with the others. That would be the last straw. But Reed was studying chemistry and seemed not to realize anything else. I didn’t know why I considered Reed my friend， maybe just because he was two inches taller than I. Anyway， every time I blew out my birthday candles and made a wish， it was for a date with Reed.
“Take that seat，” Mr. Nice told the proud newcomer Carlos， pointing to the only empty one， in the back of the room.
It was the school elections （选举） that made me think of Carlos again. Reed was made president （主席） and Carlos vice-president （副主席）. “How come？” I kept asking myself， “How come this boy who’s only been in town for a little over a month gets to be so popular？”
So one morning， I stopped Carlos and said， “It doesn’t seem to bother you—being short.” He looked up at me. “Of course I mind being short. But there isn’t anything I can do about it. I just decided to make the best of it and greatly improve myself.” “You seem to get along great，” I admitted， “But what about me？ Nobody wants to date a girl taller than he is.” “The trouble with you is that you’re afraid to be yourself. In fact， you might be more than pretty.” I felt myself turning red.
（ ）1. It’s a story about ______.
A. a tall boy and a short girl
B. a short boy and a tall girl
C. a tall boy and a tall girl
D. a short boy and a short girl
（ ）2. We can infer that Carlos is ______.
A. handsome and humorous
B. confident and popular
C. handsome and popular
D. honest and popular
（ ）3. The sentence “That would be the last straw” suggests that the writer ______.
A. cared much about Reed’s attitude
B. thought Reed would help her
C. couldn’t stand Carlos made fun of her
D. hoped Reed didn’t realize the event
（ ）4. What happened in the end？
A. Carlos and the writer hurt each other.
B. Reed and the writer love each other.
C. The writer turned to be more confident. D. Carlos was finally made president of the students union.
（ ）5. The best title can be ______.
A. A Little Boy
B. A Tall Girl
C. A Little Boy Who Changed My Life Attitude
D. How a Little Boy Became Popular
Alice： Hi， Bill.
Bill： Hi， Alice， I’m 1 to have a party next week. Can you come to my party？
Alice： A party？ That’s great. What’s it 2 ？
Bill： It’s my birthday on Wednesday. I’m going to be fourteen.
Alice： Oh！I can’t come on Wednesday. We are going to have a math test on Wednesday. I have to 3 for the test.
Bill： I’m sorry to hear that. What should I do？
Alice： If I 4 you， I would have a party on Friday. Students will come to your party on Friday.
Bill： Good idea. Thank you！
Alice： You’re 5 .