牛津英语Fun with English 6A Unit 5 On the farm
This unit is according to a topic of the National Day holiday to spread out. Through talking about things what they did in National Day holiday, Ss will learn new words and structures to retell the whole text, so that they can master what they’ve learnt and be capable to introducing their friends’ holiday activities.
【Analysis of learners】
Ss in Grade 6 have a better foundation of English language learning. They can use English very well and they can communicate with others to express their own points of view. So in this class, Ss will learn how to use the past tense to ask and answer correctly. Their abilities of listening, speaking, reading and writing will be trained.
(1) Ss can master these words: holiday, last, did, taste, pull up, milk.
(2) Ss can read these phrases: National Day holiday, last week, on the farm, water trees, pull up carrots, milk cows, collect eggs and pick oranges.
(3) Ss can get the general idea of the story and retell the text.
(1) Ss can understand the sentence patterns “What (else) did you do? I…”, and they can use them to ask and answer in real situation.
(2) Ss can read the past tense of regular verbs correctly, by adding “ed” after verbs.
(1) Ss can cooperate in groups and will be happy to use English.
(2) Ss can find the interest in learning English.
【Key and difficult points】
1. After learning, Ss can use the sentence patterns to say other’s activities.
2. Ss can master the pronunciation of ed and read them fluently.
1. Task-based Teaching Method
2. Communicative Teaching Method
Step 1. Preparation
1. Listen and do
T: First，let’s play a game.
(复习动词词组：stand up, listen to music, wash clothes, play the violin, read books, play basketball, water flowers, sit down)
2. Free talk
T: Wonderful. Let’s have a free talk.
(1) What day is it today?
(2) How many days are there in a week?
(3) What day do you like best?
(4) What do you usually do on Sundays?
(5) Guess what do I usually do on Sundays?
S1: Do you usually read books? S2: …
T: Yes. I often go shopping on Sundays. (给小礼品) But last Sunday, I didn’t. (出示字卡教last) I was very busy. I got up early and prepared for this lesson. And I got some information for you. Please watch. (课件：各国国庆庆典)
【Purpose: Ss will be actively participate in class when giving them some little presents. Greeting with each other can shorten the distance between the T and Ss. This step is to review the knowledge they’ve learnt and well prepared for the next step.】
Step 2. Presentation and practice
1. Watch and answer
(1) Which day is the passage about?
It’s National Day. (字卡，教National Day.)
(2) When’s National Day in our country?
It’s on the first of October.
T: Yes, in our country China, National Day is the birthday of our motherland.
And from the 1st of October to the 7th of October is our National Day holiday. (出示卡片，带读holiday)
2. Listen, choose and learn
T: On this National Day holiday, I did lots of things, and I’ve got some photos about that. Please look! (课件照片、配音)
T: Look at the blackboard. There are some phrases here. ( watch TV, water flowers, surf the Internet, listen to music, play chess )
Q: What did I do on National Day holiday?
S: You watched TV.
T: Why do we add‘ed’here?
T: Yes. We should use past tense in the sentences, and we should add ed after the verbs respectively. And the pronunciation of ed is different here.
T: I did these things on National Day holiday. What did you do? Understand?
(T板书What did you do?带读What did you do?)
(T纠正或者肯定第一个学生的发言，板书回答 I …ed ….T再让其他学生回答。)
【Purpose: The purpose here is to let students have a better understanding of words and the sentence pattern ‘What did you do? I… ’, if they can understand the past tense of regular verbs better, they can learn the text easier, and their independent ability and listening ability are well trained.】