Unit 1 Friendship
Warming Up, Pre-reading and Reading
Reading “Anne’s Best Friend”
1. Teaching objectives:
1) To develop the students’ reading ability, learn to use some reading strategies such as guessing, key sentences, skimming and so on;
2). To get the students to realize the importance of friends and friendship, and to tell true friends from false friends;
3). To grasp some useful words and expressions in this passage, such as on purpose, be crazy about etc.;
4). To learn the writing style of this passage.
2. Teaching method: Task-based teaching
3. Teaching procedures:
1. Please enjoy three pieces of music and find out what they are about.
2. Does a friend always have to be a person? What else can be your friend?
3. What do you know about the World War II?
4. Background introduction